eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: 37 Weeks

Friday, February 4, 2011

37 Weeks

We went to the doctor yesterday. I don’t have much to share. The baby is good, I’m measuring a little big (38 weeks) and my body is appears to be doing nothing to get ready for labor. My doctor tried to be encouraging with a “When it gets ready to happen it can happen really quickly.” I wanted to respond with “You tell all the girls that, don’t you?” because I felt like he was feeding me a line - just trying to give me some hope that I might go into labor on my own.

Speaking of that, I’m certainly still hoping that’s what happens. I think I have just about decided that waiting til 40 weeks or even 40 weeks and a couple of days is preferable to inducing at 39 weeks. I just get scared thinking of how big this boy might end up being if we wait past 40 weeks. I just keep hearing that going into labor on your own can be easier on your body. I’m just a little concerned that my body doesn’t know how to go into labor on its own! Maybe next week I’ll make some progress…

Oh, and my biggest pregnancy or PD symptom this week? EXHAUSTION. Nothing much more to say about that, but I have been so tired this week. 

Ok, so on to fun stuff/good news! Three of my sisters-in-law and my mother-in- law gave me a baby shower this past weekend. It was a lot of fun! We now have the bedding and lamp for the baby’s nursery! I am so excited and can’t wait to get it all set up. We also got a baby bathtub and towel and baby bath/shampoo, etc, and lots of clothes! Since Jason already ordered and set up the bassinet for me, we have started telling baby boy that he can come whenever he’s ready because he now has clothes and diapers and a place to sleep!

My sweet, sweet husband also ordered the crib, mattress and changing table this week too! I know the baby won’t be sleeping in it for a while and we may not even set it up right away, but I’m in such a nesting mode that just knowing it is on its way excites me! He also ordered me a sling, a nursing cover, some reusable nursing pads, and one of those bracelets that helps you keep track of when you last nursed and on which side and for how long. Confession: I used to think things like that were silly. I mean, who can’t remember what side they last nursed on? At least that’s what I thought 7 years ago. Now, with PD and age turning against me, I saw the milk bands and thought they would really be useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment