eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Flats & Handwashing Challenge Day 2: What I'm Using

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Flats & Handwashing Challenge Day 2: What I'm Using

It's Day 2 of the Flats & Handwashing Challenge. For more information on the challenge, you can read my Day 1 post


Today's topic is supplies. I didn't prepare much for this year's challenge. I already had flats that I had been using since last year's challenge. A flat is any large square piece of material so you can use anything from a receiving blanket to a towel to a birdseye flat actually sold for cloth diapering. 


I'm going to be using flour sack towels from Target, Osocozy flats, a Snappi, homemade fleece liners, and a variety of covers. I am using covers from Econobum, GroVia, Rumparooz, and Mabu Baby. I'll also be stuffing some pocket diapers with flats since I find these to be more convenient when we're away from home. Jaxon is very squirmy and pocket diapers just make things easier. 


As for washing, I've been washing in the bathtub. I'm using Clean B Grape Cabernet detergent because it smells amazing and actually makes handwashing pleasant. I'm doing everything by hand, using the textured bottom of the tub to help scrub the diapers clean. They've been coming out smelling fresh and clean, but I'm not doing well with stains. I'm hoping to sun the diapers later this week. 


I'm drying my diapers indoors because I've been washing at night. I have a drying rack, and I'm turning on the ceiling fan to help them dry faster. Last night, I hung them out around 10 and they were dry by this morning. 


Have you ever used a household item such as a towel or receiving blanket to diaper your baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment