eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Rainbow Pancakes

Monday, January 16, 2012

Rainbow Pancakes

I've mentioned before that I'm not a cook. However, one thing I can make, and make well, is pancakes. The kids all like pancakes. It's also really easy to make them fun! Sometimes I make shapes, sometimes I make letters, sometimes I add things in (fruit, candy, chocolate chips), sometimes I'll make cheesecake pancakes. I have found that it's hard to mess up a pancake. 


Last week I made pancakes for lunch and decided to make it fun. I didn't have any fruit that would be good in pancakes (oranges and kiwi just don't work!). So I decided to make rainbow pancakes. It's so easy - just separate the batter into different bowls and add a few drops of food coloring until it's the color you want. I did red (they were more pink), orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. Adding a spoonful of sugar to your batter will make your pancakes nice and fluffy.  


I made mini pancakes because I wanted each child to have one of each color pancake, and I knew that they would never eat 6 pancakes each. When the pancakes were all done, I stacked them up and topped them with whipped cream and sprinkled them with various colors of sugar sprinkles. My kids gobbled them up before I even finished cooking their bacon! 

Do you like to make pancakes in fun shapes or with special add-ins? 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful & I have shared this with my son in-law who makes wonderful pancakes for my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I'm going to have to try this, Emma would LOVE it. I like to make shapes for my kids - I make mickey mouse and pluto for Emma and she never fails to ask for those shapes. :)

    ReplyDelete