eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Rockin' a Soak!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rockin' a Soak!

So my diapers were starting to smell like ammonia. I first noticed it after a long night, so I wasn't too concerned. Then I started noticing it during the day. I wasn't sure if it was Jaxon's urine changing & becoming stinkier or if it was build-up on the diapers. But one day when my husband noticed it while Jaxon was wearing a "fresh" diaper, I knew I had a problem. So I decided it was time to rock a soak. Since we have a front loader, this is easier said than done. I have tried soaking stained clothes in my washer in the past and it really doesn't work. There is just never enough water in the machine to really soak things. 


So I decided to use the bathtub. I followed the instructions on my Rockin' Green bag. I am not sure what I was expecting from this. I just wanted the diapers to stop stinking. I honestly didn't think that my diapers could be that dirty after just 4 months of use. But after just 45 minutes in the tub, I found this:


 And this:



Um, gross. But at least it was working! After the diapers soaked for 2 hours, I put them in the washer and rinsed them. Then I ran a regular wash cycle.


It must have worked because they no longer smell like ammonia...not even when he wears them overnight! I am so happy it worked because I didn't know what else to do to get the smell out. Have you ever had ammonia smells in your diapers? What did you do to get rid of the stink?

No comments:

Post a Comment