eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Jaxon's first food!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Jaxon's first food!

Jaxon has shown a lot of interest in eating for over a month now. I've been putting it off for a couple of reasons. Allergies, for one. I didn't want to introduce solids too early since some doctors say that it can cause food allergies. I've had a kid with multiple food allergies and it is no fun. Thankfully, she has outgrown all of her allergies now! The other is really just laziness. Let's face it, breastfeeding is super easy. The milk is always available, always the right temp, always fresh. It's just easier. We travel frequently and eat out often. So once he starts solids, I'll have to start bringing stuff for him to eat and that can be kind of a pain. 

Cloth diapering is also easier when the baby is exclusively breastfed. Breastfed baby poop is water soluble so I can just toss those diapers in the wash and never deal with the poop. Love it!


But Jaxon is really interested in eating. The other day he swiped a stalk of steamed asparagus off my plate and immediately stuck it in his mouth. He's fast. 


We get a box of organic produce each week and this week we ordered some bananas. I thought that would make a nice first food, so I used my brand new Baby Brezza (this thing is pretty sweet!) and set out to make some banana baby food. Ok, let's face it. Making banana baby food is not that hard. Bananas are already soft and mushy. But I was still pretty proud of myself. It definitely tasted better than jarred baby food.


And most importantly, Jaxon LOVED it!

First bite!



I ate it all already? 

I love that little messy face :)

So I'm about to start making more baby food. What should I do next? If you have any baby food recipes to share, post them below!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely Live the look on his face in the 3rd picture :-)


    I am a new follower, thanks for visiting my blog as well.

    Anna
    Http://IamNannyAnna.blogspot.com
    Http:/thebabystoreplus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to be writing my baby food post, I'll get to that. :) You can use a blender and blend up cooked sweet potato, carrots, and apples. I actually baked all three of those in the same pan in the oven and it really worked well (and fast). Then after it was all soft I blended it up and put them in little containers and froze them. Easy peasy! (Oh, and banana is a favorite for Isaac, too! I mix it in his rice cereal sometimes)

    ReplyDelete