eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Oliver's Labels {Review}

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oliver's Labels {Review}


I like labeling things, especially things that might get lost. I quickly found that Sharpies may be permanent on clothing, but will quickly fade on a sippy cup or bottle. 

Oliver's Labels are the most unique labels I have found! I love their bright and fun designs for kids. They offer photo labels that you can customize with your child's picture. They also offer allergy labels, something I wish I had found several years ago when my daughter had multiple severe food allergies. They even offer designs that are perfect for labeling items that belong to teenagers and adults. 

We received a sample pack of labels in the Sea Life design that included original labels, mini labels, Stick-eez clothing labels, and shoe labels. I love the vibrant colors and adorable little sea creatures. These labels are microwave and dishwasher safe and look great even after repeated washings. The colors are just as vibrant as the day we first received them. 



I didn't think we would use the shoe labels. I had seen shoe labels before and wondered what kinds of kids needed labels in their shoes to keep from losing them. Apparently, kids like Jaxon! 

He is awful about taking his shoes off -he is especially prone to removing (and losing) the right shoe! I'm glad to know that if he loses one at church, someone will know who it belongs to and will return it to us. The labels are cute, and he loves them! He points at them and says "neem" (name).


The clothing labels are neat in that you don't have to iron or sew them on. They stick securely to the tag of the garment. Perfect for daycare or school. The great thing is when you're done and ready to pass on or sell the item, you can just remove the label. For someone like me who likes to consign clothing, that's a great feature!

Oliver's Labels also offer a very unique (and free) service called "Found It." If you choose, they will add a found it code to each of your labels. If an item is found by someone else, they can visit Oliver's Labels website and enter the code on the labels. 


Oliver's Labels will then notify you that the item has been found and will even act as an intermediary between you and the person who found the item so you do not have to share your personal information. I didn't add this to our labels, since I'm using the labels for things like sippy cups, but this would be a nice addition to things that older kids lose often at school that are not as easily replaced. 

The only thing I didn't like about these labels is that they are difficult to peel away from the paper backing. They are extremely thin, which makes them look very nice on your possessions and less "sticker like", but that makes them harder (at least compared to other labels I have used) to peel. Keep in mind that I am Shaky Mommy, lol, and fine motor skills are not something I excel at, so you may not have this same issue. 

Right now Oliver's Labels is offering free shipping on orders over $30! 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment