eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Slice Safety Cutter - Great for Couponers!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Slice Safety Cutter - Great for Couponers!

Several months ago I began using coupons after hearing from my mother-in-law and a close friend how much money they were saving on groceries. While I'm not an extreme coupon user by any stretch, I have found that using coupons helps with our grocery budget. Combined with some great buy one, get one sales at Publix, I have been able to get things to help stock our community food pantry as well. 


I like the thrill of finding a good deal and scouring the various couponing websites to find what I can get for free or almost free each week by using my coupons. What I don't like is clipping coupons. We get one paper each week, and my in-laws bring me two more each Sunday. That usually equals to 6 inserts each week, and sometimes as many as 12. With Jaxon moving so quickly on the floor and involved in EVERYTHING I do, it can be hard to find time to clip the coupons before I go shopping. It's become too dangerous to be in the floor with scissors when Jaxon is awake. 


So when I received a chance to review the Slice Safety Cutter, I was excited! The Slice Safety Cutter has a ceramic blade that stays sharp, but won't cut fingers. The blade on the Slice is tiny. I ran my finger over it several times, and only felt a tiny point that I was positive would not be able to cut my inserts. So I slid it over the first coupon insert, on my glass topped desk, and it cut the inserts...and scratched my desk. Oops. So yeah, it will cut. But be careful where you slice. A piece of cardboard or a notebook underneath where you are slicing will keep your workspace safe. 




The Slice will cut through several layers of coupons. I had three copies of each insert and it easily sliced through those layers. I think you could safely slice through 4 inserts without issue. Using the Slice was much easier on my wrist than using scissors is. This would be a great tool for those who have trouble with scissors because of carpel tunnel or arthritis. 
Stacks of coupons neatly sliced and ready for use!
Additionally, because the Slice is small, it's portable and easy to store. You can keep one on your keychain for clipping coupons on the go and keep the other on your fridge (it's magnetic!) for your other cutting needs around the house. It can also be used to cut other types of paper, like wrapping paper, or to open mail, and CD's/DVD's. I can see it being very handy for scrapbooking! It can also open those annoying plastic packages that electronics come packaged in. 


How cool is that?
With a retail price of only $5.99, it's easy to keep the Slice safety cutter handy in a few rooms. They also make great gifts!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment