eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: I'm Bringing Chubby Back!

Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Bringing Chubby Back!



I took Jaxon for his 1 month appointment this morning. He is actually 5 weeks old as of yesterday. He is now 22 inches long (up from 20 ¾ at birth), which is the 90th percentile. His head is 15 ½ inches (up from 14 ½ inches at birth), which is the 75th percentile.

Now for his weight – he was 8 lbs 13 oz at birth and on March 8th at our appointment, he weighed 9 lbs 14 oz. And now, he weighs 13 lbs 2 oz! So in 17 days he has gained more than 3 pounds! Wow! I was so impressed with him! That’s the 97th percentile.

The pediatrician was also impressed. He told me I probably could have fed twins. He said Jaxon looks great. The only thing that Jaxon needed help with was his neck. He has something called torticollis, which is basically a twisted neck. The doctor told us to try to get him to look towards his left more and to do some little exercises with him twice a day.

Jaxon got mad when they pricked his foot, and cried when he got his shot, but calmed down very quickly.

So all in all, a good appointment! But my baby is growing too fast!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment