eK-3zmjBImBHOZjRJYEZVBw4ZWs Shaky Mommy: Dyson DC-25 All Floors Vacuum Cleaner Review

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dyson DC-25 All Floors Vacuum Cleaner Review

Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC-25 Ball All-Floors
A few weeks ago, my husband came home from HH Gregg with a new toy. Most husbands would have brought home a new TV or surround sound system. My sweet husband brought home something way better. A Dyson vacuum cleaner. The one with the ball. The one I drool over when I see the commercials for Dyson on TV. It was on sale for a great price and I was excited to try it out!
Dyson makes incredible vacuum cleaners. I bought a refurbished Dyson DC07 Low Reach Vacuum in 2004. It worked as well as a new vacuum and while it came with a 6 month warranty, I’ve never had any problems with it. It still runs but the new one is several pounds lighter and more compact, making it easier for me to carry up and down the stairs, which is the reason my husband purchased it for me.
While I love my old Dyson, I love the new one even more! The ball technology makes it so easy to maneuver. A button on the handle allows you to easily turn on the brushes when you move from hard floor surfaces to carpet.
Dyson DC25 Ball All-Floors Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson also comes with a telescoping wand. It’s very long – about 16 feet. It can be used with one of two attachments to reach areas normal vacuum cleaners wouldn’t be able to. Think cobwebs in corners, ceiling fans, the tops your kitchen cabinets, etc. You can clean your baseboards without bending over or underneath your couch without moving it. The thing I love best about the wand is that by using the stair attachment, I can stand at the bottom of the stairs and vacuum most of my staircase without having to carry the vacuum up and stop at each individual stair. I’m somewhat of a clean freak, so I could go on and on listing places in my house (besides floors) that the Dyson helps me clean, but you get the picture!

Dyson vacuums are bagless. If you have never used a bagless vacuum cleaner, this might sound messy. But believe me, the Dyson bagless canister is so much easier to empty than the previous bag cleaners I used before discovering Dyson. You just hold the canister over your garbage can and with the press of a button, the contents drop straight into the garbage can. And you know how when a traditional vacuum cleaner’s bag fills up, it starts to lose suction? Not with Dyson. These vacuums have strong suction and don’t lose power. Even when the canister starts to fill up, the suction stays the same, but it’s really nice to be able to empty it after each vacuuming session. When I had a vacuum with bags, I felt like I had to “get my money’s worth” out of the bag and fill it up before changing to a new bag.

Dysons come with lifetime HEPA filters. You’re supposed to wash them about every 6 months. They just pop out, rinse clean, and then air dry for about 24 hours.

I highly recommend the Dyson vacuum cleaners. They are durable, powerful, and easy to use.

Love:
Lifetime HEPA filter
5 year warranty on parts & labor for new Dyson upright & canister vacuum cleaners
Telescoping wand with attachments (stair attachment & brush attachment)


Not a fan of:
Power cord –the cord on the new Dyson is about 11 feet shorter than on my old Dyson. I like the longer cord better!
Price – Suggested retail is $499, so the price for the Dyson is pretty steep. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the same vacuum - got on clearance at target for about $350 I think. I like it, but I don't love it. Took me a while to figure out you can and should turn off the brush for hardwood flooring.

    ReplyDelete